Home News If the “Rideshare Rapist” illegal immigrant makes bail in San Francisco, ICE...

If the “Rideshare Rapist” illegal immigrant makes bail in San Francisco, ICE will not be notified

6927
0
SHARE

An illegal immigrant and suspected serial rapist posing as a California ride-sharing driver may be free to roam the streets if ordered to be released from jail, thanks to San Francisco’s soft policies on illegal immigration.

36-year-old Peruvian national Orlando Vilchez Lazo pleaded not guilty last Tuesday to four counts of rape and other assault charges, spanning from 2013 to as recently as last month.

According to NBC, SFPD said that Lazo would wait outside of local bars and prey on (often inebriated) women looking for Ubers and Lyft rides. Upon getting the women into his car, Lazo would drive them to another location and have his way with them.

Lazo’s tactics for overpowering the women ranged from brute force to using a knife, according to court documents.

Officials with the rideshare service Lyft confirmed that Lazo did drive for them, but has since been terminated for misrepresenting himself and providing fraudulent information on his background check.

Given the massive gap between his first reported rape 2013 and his 2018 spree, authorities believe that Lazo likely has many more victims.

While U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents plan to deport Lazo if he released from custody, San Francisco’s “Sanctuary City” stance and the unwillingness for SFPD to comply with ICE’s requests may mean that Lazo may be released onto the streets. Officials believe the ICE request will be ignored because local authorities are banned from cooperating with ICE.

“ICE is not aware of any additional criminal history and this is the first detainer ICE has lodged against Vilchez Lazo,” ICE officials said in a statement.

According to CBS Local, the city of San Francisco has a bad habit of letting illegals go free, with one example being the 2015 release of Jose Ines Garcia Zarate, who later shot citizen Kate Steinle on a local pier.

Since the incident, Zarate pleaded not guilty and faces trial for two illegal gun possession charges later this year. He is currently in federal custody.

© 2018 Bright Mountain Media, Inc. All rights reserved. The content of this webpage may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written consent of Bright Mountain Media, Inc. which may be contacted at info@brightmountainmedia.com, ticker BMTM.

If you have any problems viewing this article, please report it here.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here