Home News Black Lives Matter protesters crash California officer’s wedding

Black Lives Matter protesters crash California officer’s wedding



Protesters associated with the Black Lives Matter movement have sunk to a new low, this time crashing the wedding of one of the California officers who shot and killed Stephon Clark earlier this year.

While Sacramento Police have not released the identities of the two officers involved in the March 18 shooting of Stephon Clark, it apparently hasn’t been enough of a protective measure: both officers have been constantly subjected to death threats and harassment since the shooting.

BLM activists took the harassment even further, as evidenced by the August 5 video posted by Black Lives Matter Sacramento.

In the video, several activists went to a scenic location where a wedding party for one of the officers was being held, barging into the “ready room” where the groom -identified as Officer Terrence Mercadal- and his friends were hanging out before the exchange of vows took place.

“I just wonder if you started planning your wedding before you killed Stephon Clark or after?” one woman shrieked when she came into the room. “How have you been sleeping since March 18?”

The protesters were quickly escorted out by Mercadal’s groomsmen, making for a shot video that has since been seen 8,300 times since Sunday.

The comment section of the video was particularly vile, with many calling Mercadal out for shooting a fellow black man.

“ Nat Turner and Harriet Tubman warned us about them,” one commenter wrote. “All skinfolk ain’t kinfolk.”

CBS Local reported that BLM helped organize the confrontation since Mercadal’s wedding was announced online.

BLM Sacramento founder Tanya Faison was unapologetic about the incident, which she felt was necessary.

“I think they need to be approached in spaces where they’re a little more vulnerable,” she told CBS.

When asked if this kind of confrontation was taking such a matter too far, she said she didn’t think it was.

“No,” she said. “Because he’s gonna remember this day for the rest of his life.”

The shooting in March was initially seen from the perspective of helicopter-mounted infrared cameras, which showed Clark breaking into cars and navigating obstacles in order to escape the police. When police officers finally caught up to him on foot, he was hiding in the backyard of his grandmother’s home.

When officers drew their weapons, they ordered Clark to show his hands. Refusing their orders (and shouting “F**k you!” in the process, as evidenced by body camera footage), Clark made several threatening and fatal gestures, resulting in him being shot several times.

While it was later revealed that Clark was unarmed, it was determined that his cellular device resembled a firearm.

Protests erupted before an investigation could be properly executed, and a narrative that Clark had simply been “minding his own business” circulated throughout online, print and TV media.

Both officers have been pulled off patrol duties.

If you have any problems viewing this article, please report it here.



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here